Class 1 Medical Renewal DGCA Procedure
Class 1 Medical Renewal DGCA Stepwise Guide
- DGCA has introduced a new centralized system for class-1 medical renewal with effect from 1 Jan 2014. All the medical renewal will base on centralized system of appointments for Class I medical examinations and PMR forwarding facility for all IAF centre’s for medical examination appointments.
- Currently there are three Civil Centers which conduct Class I Initial Medical viz. Nanavati Hospital, Mumbai/ Apollo Heart Centre, Chennai/ Max Healthcare, New Delhi) and for Class I Renewals with DGCA approved Class I Medical Examiners (presently 14 such Examiners). For these (civil centre has & Class I Examiners), the aircrew/ candidate/ organizations may contact them at their address (available on the DGCA website).
- The appointment provided for conducting the class-1 medical is based on availability of slots in various IAF centers.
- There are three modes available for getting appointment.
- Written format physically handed over or via courier or post.
- Choice of centre’s, Aircrew are required to give minimum two and max five choices of centre’s from among the list of centre’s.
- Choice of date – Renewal Medical. Specific dates need to be mentioned for the appointment. Three alternative dates in order of preference may be given, which shall be considered in that order for grant of appointment at the centre is where the request has been made for.
- Handling of requests-The requests shall be handled on a ‘First come first served’ basis. an email shall be sent to the aircrew, within 7 working days,
- Cancellation of request -Aircrew shall inform DGCA in writing (in the format available in Annexure -B) about their inability to undergo their medical.
- Organizational requests.-The scheduled/ non-scheduled operators shall also follow the same procedure for appointments.
- Medical at AFCME, New Delhi/ IAM IAF Bangalore / MEC(E), Jorhat. Conduct medical of special cases
- NOC-The procedures for obtaining NOC for delayed/ early/ special medical shall continue as per existing method. http://dgca.nic.in/public_notice/PN-medical%20NOC.pdf
- MoD clearance for aircrew with FATA.-The procedure for obtaining MoD clearance for aircrew with FATA and for foreign aircrew with Indian flying licenses shall continue as per existing procedure.
- Fee for the conduct of medical examination.-The aircrew/ candidates are advised to pay the prescribed fee (and obtain receipts) for the Initial/ Renewal medical examination at the centre.
- -The Centralized Appointment & PMR forwarding facility is being operational as a free service initially. The regulator may impose a fee at a later stage.
- FORM FOR SEEKING APPOINTMENT AT AND FORWARDING PMR TO IAF CIVIL AIRCREW MEDICAL EVALUATION CENTRE. (ANNEXURE A)
- FORM FOR CANCELLING APPOINTMENT AT IAF CIVIL AIRCREW MEDICAL EVALUATION CENTRE.
- http://dgca.nic.in/medical/Procedure%20for%20DGCA%20Centralised%20Appt%20&%20PMR%20Fwd%20System.pdf (PROCEDURE FOR DGCA CENTRALISED APPOINTMENT FOR CONDUCT OF CLASS I MEDICAL EXAMINATION AT & PMR FORWARDING TO IAF CENTRES).